Monday, March 26, 2012

Obama Cites Election as Reason to Postpone Missile Talks

Business Insider

Whoops.

President Obama was caught on a hot mic (live mic) telling Russian President Medvedv the truth: He'll have more flexibility on security issues AFTER he wins re-relection.
Jake Tapper at ABC has the exchange

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

Of course, nobody should be surprised by this: This is just reality. But normally politicians aren't heard spelling out reality so clearly.

Check out a video of the exchange below:





Help Us Transmit This Story


  Add to Your Blogger Account
  Put it On Facebook
  Tweet this post
  Print it from your printer
  Email and a collection of other outlets
  Try even more services

No comments:

Post a Comment